The Tanita BC545N is the perfect choice for fitness enthusiasts, active families and Personal Trainers; based on the very latest technology and research in body composition monitoring, Tanita has created a product that provides vital information which allows you to monitor the impact of your personal nutrition & activity programme.
The Tanita BC545N Segmental Body Fat Analyser is an advanced monitor with dual frequency technology that provides accurate and personalised body composition readings.
Segmental body analysis allows the user to analyse results in greater depth by breaking down the body into 5 separate segments; both arms, both legs and the trunk.
Segmental readings are given on weight, segmental fat percentage and segmental muscle mass. This information allows the user to look for physiological bio-mechanical differences and enables their training to be tailored accordingly.
The Tanita BC545N measures weight, muscle mass and body fat percentage. It also provides readings for basal metabolic rate (BMR), body mass index (BMI), bone mineral mass, metabolic age and visceral fat rating.
Healthy ranges and a physique rating are also provided while the Tanita BC545N also offers the user athlete and guest modes. Comparison graphs display a segmental history of readings, allowing users to monitor their progress over time.
The display screen provides clear, user-friendly animated illustrations and a calendar function is also included with a 5-user storage memory.
Tanita Innerscan body composition monitors are the next generation in healthcare. The technology used is based on the same advanced technology found in Tanita professional body composition analysers widely used by doctors, medical centres and by professional athletic teams, fitness clubs and personal trainers around the world.
The user stands on the platform of the scale, which incorporates six electrodes, and gently pulls the hand electrodes that are conveniently housed in the base unit using retractable connecting cables.
The monitor will then send a safe low voltage electrical current from the combined eight hand & footplate electrodes through the body.
The resistance to the current, known as Bio-Electrical Impedance Analysis (or BIA), is then fed into well-researched algorithms to provide accurate and personalized body composition readings.
Designed for the dedicated sports and fitness person to assess the impact of any training routine on their total and segmental body composition, this totally unique product gives individual body composition readings for each of 5 body segments - each arm, each leg and the trunk area.
The retractable hand-grips allow full body composition to be taken quickly and with increased accuracy.
A calendar function is included, and comparison graphs show a history for each segment of the body and for each of the body composition readings, so that the user can see their progress, day by day, week by week and month by month. The backlit buttons and animated illustrations are clear and user-friendly, and the scales come with batteries included.
· Segmental Body Analysis of both Muscle and Fat%: Breaks down body composition into 5 segments.
· 10 Key Body Composition Measurements provided in 10 Seconds: Quick results of essential information.
· Trend Analysis: Track Measurements on a weekly, fortnightly and annual basis all shown on an easy to read display.
· High Resolution Colour Display: Includes new improved easy-to-read analytical graphics.
· Modern Design: Convenient retractable hand electrodes.
· Auto Recognition: Allows users to just step on for a reading – no buttons to press.
· 5 Person Memory: Stores and recalls data for up to 5 users.
· Graphical display: Visual display of changes in body composition over time.
· Weight Only Mode: Quick assessment of weight only.
· Guest mode: For quick one off analysis.
· Athlete Mode: For measuring trained athletes.
· Body Fat %: Provides total fat % and a percentage fat breakdown for each of the following; Left Arm, Left Leg, Right Arm, Right Leg, and Torso.
· Body Fat Healthy Range Indicator: The monitor facilitates measurement of body fat and provides normative ranges for comparison for ages 5 -99 years.
· Muscle Mass: Displays total muscle mass and each of the following; Left Arm, Left Leg, Right Arm, Right Leg, Trunk and a Physique rating.
· Physique Rating: Uses one of nine different physique types and matches you based upon a calculation that takes into consideration your body composition results.
· Weight: For ages 5 years and over.
· Total Body Water %: The ability to measure Total Body Water % (TBW%) is exceptionally useful as staying well hydrated is vital for both physical and cognitive performance.
· Bone Mineral Mass: There is a close correlation between bone mineral mass and fat free mass (FFM), exercise and a balanced diet will promote increased bone mineral mass.
· Visceral Fat: Visceral fat is also known as intra-abdominal fat; this fat is packed in between the internal organs. An excess of visceral fat, is known as a “pot belly” or “beer belly”, there are strong links between visceral fat and certain health related diseases such as coronary heart disease, type II diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
· BMR: The number of calories your body needs when at rest. Metabolism speed is determined by numerous factors such as age, gender, muscle mass and body fat. It is possible to use this information to develop a fitness/weight loss program.
· Metabolic Age: As you grow older basal metabolic rate decreases, it tends to peak at about 16/17 years old. Metabolism age is the comparison of the users BMR, to the expected values based upon age.
· Daily - Weekly - Monthly Graph Function: Provides comparative data for up to four pre-programmed users.
· BMI: Body Mass Index uses an individual’s height and weight data to provide a kg/m2 result, this figure then relates to a set of ranges to determine whether an individual is underweight, healthy, overweight or obese.
· Tanita BC545N Body Composition Monitor
· User instructions
· Scale Capacity: 150kg
· Scale Graduation: 100g
· Age Range: 5 to 99 years
· Display: 32mm LCD
· Power Source: 4 x AA Batteries
· User Memory: 5 Data Points
· Warranty: 3 years
Warning ! Do not use the body composition feature if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker, or other electronic implanted medical device.
Product recommended by doctors:Tanita's analyzers are found in clinics and hospitals around the world, trusted for their accuracy, quality, and reliability. Tanita is the only company that offers products for domestic use after 20 years of medical research and studies in which more than 100.000 people have participated. This is why Tanita earns excellent marks for accuracy. Our internationally recognized Medical Advisory Board ensures that all products and marketing communications are ethically and scientifically accurate, so that you can feel safe and at ease when using the product. Patented technology. Investment in research and development are very important to Tanita, which makes Tanita's a leader of innovation, with products offering unique features. The transparent electrodes for the scale base are our latest innovation. As a result, beautiful, modern scales that let us enter into the world of design.Tanita monitors for the whole family thanks to the "child" mode :Thanks to medical research Tanita has developped a unique feature: body fat rating for children. This allows parents to take care of their own health as well as their children's health, and introduce healthy habits into the family. The new monitors read the exact body fat % of children between 7 and 17 years old and indicate automatically the child's level of body fat and the category the child is in: low body fat rate, a healthy level or an excess level of fat or overweight.Quality